16 Brilliant Wedding Ideas on a Budget
Planning a budget wedding can seem overwhelming at times, but there are some creative ways to make your day special without breaking the bank. Here are 16 brilliant ideas to consider when planning your budget wedding:
- Opt for a smaller cake – Choose a smaller cake and order cupcakes to supplement it.
- Have a fun photobooth – Set up a photo booth with props and a camera and let guests have fun taking their own pictures.
- Create wedding favors yourself – Crafting your own wedding favors can be fun and save money.
- Rent furniture for the reception – Instead of buying tables and chairs, rent them from a company that specializes in event furniture.
- Have a backyard wedding – Use your home or family members’ and friends’ backyards for a beautiful outdoor wedding.
- Get creative with the decorations – Utilize items you already have for decorations or purchase inexpensive items from the dollar store.
- Shop for a dress online – Search for vintage or gently used dresses online and save a bundle.
- Select a destination wedding – Consider a destination wedding to save on the venue and reception.
- Have a weekday wedding – Having a wedding on a weekday can help you save on the venue and catering costs.
- Choose an off-season wedding date – Have your wedding in the off-season to save on the venue and other fees.
- Have a brunch reception – Have a brunch reception instead of dinner to save on catering costs.
- Make your own invitations – Design and print your own invitations or use a free online printing service.
- Have a dessert bar instead of a cake – Have a dessert bar instead of a cake to save on costs.
- Choose a simple bouquet – Opt for a simple bouquet of flowers instead of an expensive one.
- Use a local band or DJ – Choose a local band or DJ instead of a big name.
- Utilize family and friends – Ask family and friends if they can help with the decorations, catering, music, or other aspects of your wedding.