Top 10 Swimming Pool Safety Tips
Summer is just around the corner and many of us daydream about a cool swimming pool. Here are some swimming pool safety tips in and around the water.
- Install a safety feature on and around the pool area. Install lifesaving devices like barriers and fences around the pool and be at least four feet in height with self-closing and self-latching gates. Install a door alarm from the house to the pool area.
- Enroll children in swimming lessons or teach children to swim or float.
- Swim with a buddy. Never ever leave a child unattended in the water or pool area.
- Never push others into the pool.
- Never run on the pool deck.
- Make sure there are life-saving devices and first aid supplies in the pool area.
- Always provide competent adult supervision.
- Don’t drink alcohol and swim.
- Watch for the hazards and never play around with pool drains.
- Keep all electrical appliances out of the pool area.
Pool Maintenance Tips
- Check the water quality often and add the right chemicals. Remember that the pH should always stay between 7.3 and 7.6.
- Clean the pool filter regularly.
- Clean the strainer basket at least once a week.
- Check the water level regularly.
- Skim the Debris and scrub the walls and tiles.
- Repair the leaks.
- Check the water circulation and keep your pump and filter system running daily to maximize circulation.
- Shock the water at least once a week by adding large amounts of chlorine eliminates bacteria and other contaminants.
- Vacuum the pool at least every week to keep the water clear.
- Winterize the pool correctly.
Call Klinger Insurance Group to understand how your homeowner’s insurance or umbrella coverage can help protect your pool at 301-4284935 or visit us at www. klingerinsurancegroup.com