Skip to the content

Commercial Trucking Insurance

Several Commercial Trucks in a LineAs a private carrier, you are responsible for hauling goods in your own truck for your company or employer. Whether you’re working in construction, excavation, manufacturing, or any other private carrier capacity, we have trucking insurance solutions for you.

Primary Liability – Every trucker/trucking company who operates under their own authority is required to carry primary liability coverage on all owned units. They will need to provide proof of this insurance for their leased vehicles or proof that the leased operator carries their own insurance. Generally, the motor carrier provides this coverage for the leased operators but there are rare instances when this is not the case.

Cargo Insurance – Provides coverage for loss or damage to the property a truck is transporting (the load). Generally, though not always, provided by the motor carrier for leased operators.

Physical Damage (Collision, Specified Perils) – Provides coverage for repair or replacement for damage resulting from a covered loss (collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism) to owned vehicles.

Occupational Accident – Product designed specifically for owner operators in the trucking industry. If you are a self-employed owner/operator, some states allow you to opt out of state mandated workers compensation coverage. While not the same as workers compensation, occupational accident is similar in scope and intent. Most motor carriers require their leased operators to be covered either by workers compensation or occupational accident at the leased operator’s expense. For those who qualify, occupational accident is generally a lower cost alternative.

Klinger Insurance Group offers free, comparative quotes on commercial trucking insurance from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.

Want to see how much we can save you? Just request a quote to find out.