Skip to the content

Condo Insurance vs. Homeowners Insurance

Is there a difference between condo insurance and homeowners insurance? The answer is yes! 

What is Condo Insurance? 

Condo insurance focuses on the space you own.  This does not include the structure of where you live or the land it’s on.  It covers:

 – Fire and smoke

– Explosions

– Wind and hail

– Theft

– Vandalism

– Lightning

– Burst pipe

 It doesn’t cover:

 – Earthquakes

– Floods

– Intentional injuries to others

– Nuclear Hazards

– Damage from birds, rodents, and insects

– Wear and tear 

– Damage from underground water


What is homeowners insurance?

 Homeowners insurance is property insurance that covers losses or damages in your home. It covers:

 –Repair or replacement of the items your value and that are not permanently attached to your property

 – Jewelry, collectibles, pictures

– Cameras, musical instruments, sports equipment

– Appliances, furniture, clothing, electronics, lawn decorations, swing sets, tools

– Damages from Lightning, wind, or hail, freezing of a plumbing system, weight of ice, and snow 

– Damages from fire, theft, or vandalism

– Accidental damages such as water discharge from the plumbing system, tearing/ bulging of heating or cooling systems 

 It doesn’t cover:

 – Damages from flood, underground water, earthquakes, mudslides, settling, deterioration, contamination, nuclear hazard, birds, rodents, insects, or domestic animals

– Work-related damages 

– Ownership, operation, and maintenance of motor vehicles and some watercraft

 Want to learn more about the best insurance for you? Let us be your professional insurance shopper!   Request a quote here.


Pin It!