Skip to the content

Condo Insurance vs. Homeowners Insurance

Is there a difference between condo insurance and homeowners insurance? The answer is yes!

Condo Insurance

Condo insurance focuses on the space you own but does not include the structure of where you live or the land it’s on.  It covers:

  • Fire and smoke
  • Explosions
  • Wind and hail
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Lightning
  • Burst pipe

It doesn’t cover:

  • Earthquakes
  • Floods
  • Intentional injuries to others
  • Nuclear Hazards
  • Damage from birds, rodents, and insects
  • Wear and tear
  • Damage from underground water

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance is property insurance that covers losses or damages in your home.  It also covers repair or replacement of the contents that are not permanently attached to your property.

  • Jewelry, collectibles, pictures
  • Cameras, musical instruments, sports equipment
  • Appliances, furniture, clothing, electronics, lawn decorations, swing sets, tools
  • Damages from Lightning, wind, or hail, freezing of a plumbing system, weight of ice, and snow
  • Damages from fire, theft, or vandalism
  • Accidental damages such as water discharge from the plumbing system, tearing/ bulging of heating or cooling systems

It doesn’t cover:

  • Damages from flood, underground water, earthquakes, mudslides, settling, deterioration, contamination, nuclear hazard, birds, rodents, insects, or domestic animals
  • Work-related damages
  • Ownership, operation, and maintenance of motor vehicles and some watercraft

Want to learn more about the best insurance for you? Call us today and consider us your professional insurance shopper!

Pin it!